gymnogeophagus experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just realized I have one of these guys in a 125 I bought with sevs, a blue neon. I think I might start a tank for him and friends in my bedroom due to temp requirements. It's a 30g ,though. Does that mean I can just have the one fish? If not, what other type gymno or two could I get? or any other type fish do well with them and their requirements?
thanks

You're best bet is a pair and that's about it, unfortunately their temp requirements are wacky. I'm still not convinced its a gymno though, hard to tell when it's washed out though

You're best bet is a pair and that's about it, unfortunately their temp requirements are wacky. I'm still not convinced its a gymno though, hard to tell when it's washed out though

I agree and i would think you would need a chiller to keep the temp in the low 60s for a couple months. if a chiller would even do that.

Depends on the state or country, and you can probably get away with out a heater and just let the ambient temp dictate the tqnk

They might be ok with certain tetras, but it's a bit of a gamble if trying the cool down method

Thank you both for the advice. I'm in Indiana so could probably get away without a thermometer. It can get pretty chilly in my house in the winter in the bedrooms and I don't keep the ac cranked in the summer

The major factor is a clear and positive identification. Try and get some more pics if possible :)

The major factor is a clear and positive identification. Try and get some more pics if possible :)

just a note, rehomed this fish to good lfs in Indy, the reef

Back
Top Bottom