Happy got a new tank, dumb to realize my old tank is bigger than I thought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdawg75

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a good deal on Craigslist and went to pick up my new 55G tank last night. 55g tank with stand, filters, rock, crushed coral substrate and lids with two lights all for $80.00. When I get there and look at the tank I start wondering is it really a 55g because the 55gallon I have at home is alot wider and slightly taller. any way I do the tank volume calculator and learn that the tank I have is a 75g and I did just purchase a 55g. oh well, now to start cleaning and prepping :dance:

HUKIT,

I am letting the Wifey have decision on this one but I think ive got her ramped up to go Mbuna, its going to be a slow process, it was a SW tank yesterday so the cleaning will be fun. The tank came with some nice rock though. So after letting it sit and cleaning it then I must decide if I want the Tahitian moon sand (black) as my substrate. ahh the joy of tank decisions lol

It is most likely i got the idea from one of your tank shots or something lol, I now can add more peacocks to my 75 gallon tank. Its nice to find out youve got a bigger tank than you thought but kind of leaves you feeling stupid too. :)

Back
Top Bottom