Have any of you guys had any luck with..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I everyone, I have had african cichlids for quite
Some time now. I know basically anything i would need to know to keep them happy
And healthy. BUT at one of the LFS's i go to they keep the mbuna for sale with figure 8 puffers, scats, and monos... I know puffers are
A horrible idea; but i really like monos and i have
Owned a few in my days.. Never thought to mix
Them with mbuna; any input on that?

That's a horrible tank by the LFS! Monos are brackish, and full marine as adults, not to mention huge! Same with scats! I would never do that, and you should let them know it's a bad idea lol

Haha, well i dont want to tell themhow to do their job. Wrong or not. Good to know tho; they arent the sharpest tools in thenshed to begin with and that kinda proves it

Yeah, there's a certain notion that seems to spread around ill advised pet store workers that Africans are brackish water fish? Are you sure they were indeed Africans and not red/orange chromide cichlids? Because those are in fact brackish and are bright orange in color

Freakgecko91 said:
Yeah, there's a certain notion that seems to spread around ill advised pet store workers that Africans are brackish water fish? Are you sure they were indeed Africans and not red/orange chromide cichlids? Because those are in fact brackish and are bright orange in color

They were all african cichlids with them, Mostly peacocks and mbuna. Many different types of mbuna.

Back
Top Bottom