Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hello and Needing advice.

Firstly, I'm a noob, to this site but not to fish keeping. I managed both the leading aquariums where I live, I've kept it all, marine fish and inverts, cichlids, tropicals, planted, brackish, coldwater. Except.... Tanganyikan cichlids. Now here's where i need the advice. My lovely darling fiance came home today with a Simochromis Diagramma which I know absolutely nothing about except for the fact that it turns green, is extremely rare in Australia and is a vego. My predicament being that I have a Malawi tank with a couple of "essential contributions" from my darling fiance. Tret, leulupi, brichardi, red jewel and a Crimson Tide. Now before you say, they shouldn't be in a Malawin tank, I know. But the one that must be obeyed considered them essential. All in all, display tank, nice and hard, high ph, is this Simo going to wither and die without special treatment or will he rip apart his much bigger but decidedly weaker tankmates?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you feed New Life Spectrum "Cichlid" you won't have to worry about the food aspect of it. Not sure about temprament though.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com