hello im new here can someone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokinjoe1455

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone tell me y my fish are so inactive I mean they really don't do anything

What fish do. Lol I just want to make sure there not sick or something. Just started a new tank. I have 55gal with 2jack deep. One Texas cichlid and 3 little Oscars they are all about the same size and they stay in one corner of the tank.

What fish do. Lol I just want to make sure there not sick or something. Just started a new tank. I have 55gal with 2jack deep. One Texas cichlid and 3 little Oscars they are all about the same size and they stay in one corner of the tank.

Can you take a pic or a video? How new is new? Is it cycled? That's ALOT of fish for a 55. Those fish get HUGE!!!!

What's your filtration like? Check water parameters.

I am using a quiet flow 55/75. The tank has been set up for almost 2 mouths. I am a wear they get big plan on upgrading tank when they get bigger.

I am using a quiet flow 55/75. The tank has been set up for almost 2 mouths. I am a wear they get big plan on upgrading tank when they get bigger.

Ok cool then. I'm sure they'll be happy in there new home. So.... There not swimming around at all? Just huddled I'm the corner all together? Are they eating?

I'm not sure about all of them but know some of them are put 24 guppiy in yesterday and there's only 8 or 9 left. And feed them frozen bloodworms. How do I check para. I just want them happy and healthy

I'm not sure about all of them but know some of them are put 24 guppiy in yesterday and there's only 8 or 9 left. And feed them frozen bloodworms. How do I check para. I just want them happy and healthy

Well... That's ALOT of feeders to put in your tank and to feed frozen. I'd check your parameters. Do you have a API freshwater master test kit?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000255NCI

If not take a sample to your local fish store. I'd also up your filtration. Add another filter if you can. That will help some.

No I don't yet and thankx. I have been vac and doing like 1/4 water change about every 4to 5 days the water is pretty clear and looks clean.

No I don't yet and thankx. I have been vac and doing like 1/4 water change about every 4to 5 days the water is pretty clear and looks clean.

Looks can be deceiving, I'd get the water tested and if you could get yourself another filter running on the tank.

OK thanks I will get a tester and another filter. Do u think it needs to be as big as the 55/75 that I already have or could I go smaller

OK thanks I will get a tester and another filter. Do u think it needs to be as big as the 55/75 that I already have or could I go smaller

With the bio load you have in the tank i would go bigger on filtration, a lot bigger.

OK must of my fish have gotten a little more active except for ,2of my little oscers they r looking skinny and sickly what wrong with them..

you didn't mention if you have any decorations in your tank, rocks, driftwood etc..., fish like someplace to hide once in a while, if it is spaced a little they will swin around exploring. Make their home an exciting place to live just like you are doing for your place by having an aquarium.

Yeah I have rocks and build caves out of them they have plenty of hiding spots

I have a Jack Dempsey and he is not very active but then they aren't generally. They tend to hide a lot and only really become very active at feeeding times or to chase other fish away from their territory.

It is essential you have a cave for the JD the Texas and the Oscars aren't really bothered about decor.

Back
Top Bottom