HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just noticed this today but i have a oscar fish in a 72 gallon. And he has been sulking in a little corner and is barely breathing. every once and a while he will barely swim around in the corner he has been sulking in.
Thanks in advance

what does PWC I am new to this site and don't know all the abbreviations you guys use. I will go check my parameters and I have had him for about a year or two.

Oh ok, pwc means partial water change. I saw that you had over 100 posts, so I just thought you knew. :) Sorry for the confusion.

Also, have you put any new fish in the tank? Do you feed him live fish?

Oh ok I did one yesterday. And he just changed his behavior now he goes to the corner and sulks when the light is on. When it is off he swims around the tank.
Oh and forgot to mention If you remember I have a red snook in there to and he has been getting super aggressive and scratching up the oscar. And when the light is off the snook just floats and doesn't do anything do you think I should get rid of him?

Ok, what is your ammonia?
I would think about getting rid of the snook. The oscar probably thinks he is safe when the lights are out, so he swims, but when the lights are on, the snook can see him so he hides. :(
How often do you do pwcs? Does the oscar have open wounds on him? If so, you need to keep the water really clean so they don't become infected with something nasty.

Well I ran out of ammonia test a week or two a go I have been meaning to go to the store and grab some more but I haven't got to it yet. I do PWCS about every two weeks and yes the scales came off and haven't healed yet so should I start doing more water changes?

Yes, I would up the water changes to two or three times a week, and even when he is healed, I would do at least once a week, since oscars are really messy.
I would get rid of the snook too. :(

Back
Top Bottom