Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just cleaning filter and the strainer on intake broke. Can I use rubber band to him on or is that bad for fish? They're small and don't want them sucked in.

Attachments

• image-3191895512.jpg
    image-3191895512.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 100
I use rubber bands, they will rot over time but it's a quick fix. Crazy glue always works or aquarium silicons, there's always zip ties as well

I use rubber bands, they will rot over time but it's a quick fix. Crazy glue always works or aquarium silicons, there's always zip ties as well

Thanks I had use rubber band. Getting new filter Saturday anyway. BUT of course I just did a water change then fed them and now we have lost power!!! I just lost 20 fish in the blizzard we had. Please come back on. I have filter running off a backup emergency black and decked jump back. Water is a mess with food floating everywhere. Glad it's too dark to see it

Powers back on! Lets hope we keep it as it hasn't started snowing yet! It was out just due to wind!

How much food? Why is it floating everywhere? If your fish don't consume what you feed them in 2 minutes then you should remove it, unless it's sinker pellets. You lost 20 fish? From the heat turning off when the power went out?

How much food? Why is it floating everywhere? If your fish don't consume what you feed them in 2 minutes then you should remove it, unless it's sinker pellets. You lost 20 fish? From the heat turning off when the power went out?

Food was everywhere cuz I had just fed them as the power went out. Was standing at the tank still. When it went black they all the flow stopped they all hid. . Trust me I feed them and it doesn't even make 2 minutes normally. Prob not even one. I've kept fish for yrs and know not to over feed. I lost all 20 I had previously due to no power or heat for 3 1/2 days. Was a out 40 in the house. My wood stove was broken so I was heating water next door and trying to keep temp up. By replacing cold with it. Didn't work. Last night had no power for 3 hrs and my jump pack ran filter whole time so it didnt allow all to settle on the bottom

Back
Top Bottom