help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vtpmmh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My purple parrots are turning black on the ends of there fins is this normal r whar

Most people around these forumns frown on the colored parrots, although I won't judge you. More then likely they are just loosing the dye and will eventually be solid orange. Since these fish are not actually born the neon colors but in fact are "tattooed" these colors.

Thats what i am thinking i changed the water and did a test and the amonia is lower now i dont know wjy it spiked

Thats what i am thinking i changed the water and did a test and the amonia is lower now i dont know wjy it spiked

What are your levels of ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph now? Bear in mind that a higher ph makes ammonia and nitrite more toxic. From what I've read the black is a sign that the ammonia burns are healing.
I don't have cichlids, so I really don't know anything about them, but I have seen a forum dedicated to parrot cichlids you might like to check out.

Back
Top Bottom