Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B_Kelleher60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a new tank that I started up. It's 55 gallons and currently I have two salvini cichlids and one Jack Dempsey. Everything was going good for the first week and now one of the salvini's isn't doing too good. He still eats from time to but he just stays up at the top corner of my tank. My ph is at 4.5 and I don't know what's wrong with himImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392393339.969162.jpg

Any time i have a fish that isn't acting right I try a water change first. Not a really big one and make sure the water going back in feels about the same temp as the water you take out. Do you have anyway of testing the ammonia level? Even if a water change doesn't help at least you feel like you did something.

Your ph is 4.5 !! Are you sure ? That's very acidic, pretty much like swimming in adic. Your fish will be unhealthy at that level. What test kit are you using ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If the water parameters are good and he isn't really showing signs of being sick, it could be that he's getting bullied by the other fish.

He is probably getting bullied I wouldn't add anything else either later on. But you may need to remove him the salvini is probably being harassed.

Make sure you have plenty of
Hiding spots for him - I've found that some god will actually come out more if they have more hiding spots because they are more comfortable. Other than that I agree, it's probably just the other fish being buttheads.

Back
Top Bottom