Help!! =[

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like I said from the beginning it could be an issue with something inside your water heater. It's very common for all manner of stuff to start breaking down in there and make its way into the tanks.

I'm very skeptical that it is something coming from the actual water source that would kill the fish so rapidly. A good water conditioner like prime would take care of any chlorine, chloramines and heavy metals. Spikes in nitrates would also not kill that fast.

Is your heater working/intact? What's the temperature of the water? Is the heater cracked putting live current into the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My new fish that died was never exposed to the tank, so it's nothing like my water heater. Our hot water heater was actually replaced 6 months ago (I live in an apartment). I'm thinking it is something in the water...

If you live in an apartment could be something in the pipes, could even be something in the water heater even though it's new.

Call your water company see if anything has changed.

Look into inline filters that are mounted under the sink. If it's indeed something in the water tank/pipes.

If you live in an apartment could be something in the pipes, could even be something in the water heater even though it's new.

Call your water company see if anything has changed.

Look into inline filters that are mounted under the sink. If it's indeed something in the water tank/pipes.

That's a good point I had lost 90% of my stock 6 years ago due to treatment changes to the community well that nobody was informed of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I lost a tank full of betas last summer in similar fashion. We were camping in our backyard. Despite having washed my hands, we figured out I had traces of a mosquito repellent on my hands when I feed them. Cory cats survived but my daughter's betas were a total loss. We completely tore down the tank, scrubbed & rinsed everything 5 or 6 times before we set it back up. No problems since. Sorry for your losses and I hope you find the source of the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom