Help choosing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dooboedoo12

Aquarium Advice Freak
N my new tank I will have a tiger oscar, a jack dempsy,

It's a 90 gal tank

Can I add these 3?

Snow White socolofi
Fire eel
Blue peacock chichlod

The socolofi and the peacock are both Malawi cichlids. Some people attempt to mix them with Central and South American fish, but I wouldn't recommend it. Their behavior, preferred water parameters, and in the case of the socolofi, dietary needs are vastly different.

I have luck mixing peacocks with SA/CA cichlids. So the Blue peacock cichlid should work. I would not mix any mbuna with SA/CA cichlids. The fire eel it would depend on the size a smaller one might get eaten.

I wanted to add one more fish at least. I'll have the ehiem 600 for the 125 tank running and my old ehiem for a 60 gallon tank running with it as well.

I agree with mikem. Those two fish will stock it. If you do water changes very often and make sure your parameters are good you will be able to add something along the lines like a firemouth cichlid, that's not the only fish that would work just that's what you should look for in size and temperament. IMO I would not put a fire eel in a 90 gallon, they just get too big.

I at least need a bottom feeder to help clean up the poop or like a sucker fish to clean the Algae? I really wanted a peacock but if your saying it will be over stocked I'll stay away I don't want this tank becoming my 30 gal one

The only thing that I know of that will clean up poop is a vac.

Yes, this. And even if this magical species existed that just cleans up poo in your tank.... Well, it would also poo in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom