HELP!! Fish dying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't know what's happening this tank has been up and running for 2 yrs then boom change my substrate and my fish start dying. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390700924.048450.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390700953.104622.jpg

They have white things all over there body, any info appreciated thanks

White things are sometimes an indication on ich. Has their behavior changed? Any scratching against things?

No scratching that I've noticed but the substrate change concerns me, I'm using black diamond sand blasting sand. I asked before and everyone said its ok but now the fish are acting odd. What's your take?

Many have used that sand without issue, hard to believe its just a coincindence though.

Changing your substrate probably cause a cycle and your parameters are out of whack.

Could be that's what I was thinking but see some fish are ok, others dead idk why or how but the API should tell me

It looks like ick too me the parasite could have been under your previous substrate and when you replaced it you may have released it just a theory anyway...... However it still looks like ick

Ok I'm with you but another theory could be my heater malfunctioned and raised ten to 90 could this kill the fish off?

Jack up the heat and hammer them with aquarium salt and do small water change everyday while cleaning the gravel, worked great for me lost two in the battle but the rest fully cured

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom