HELP! Fish for tall tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxlerod

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just emptied out one of my tanks. It is established and very healthy. There is only three albino cories in there now. They may stay or go. The tank measures 20"x20"x32".
So what do you all think? What should I stock it with?

image-3313831776.jpg

The deco can also stay or go. Maybe even add live plants. So what should I do with it?

Paxlerod said:
I just emptied out one of my tanks. It is established and very healthy. There is only three albino cories in there now. They may stay or go. The tank measures 20"x20"x32".
So what do you all think? What should I stock it with?

The deco can also stay or go. Maybe even add live plants. So what should I do with it?

Are you wanting cichlids? If so, I wouldn't advise on plants personally.

I think that set up is nice!

I'd also say angels. You could do nice pieces of driftwood and you can also plant it. Wrap moss around the driftwood and make it look really natural.

I'll post pics of the angel tank we have at the firehouse when I get a chance. There really beautiful fish.

Agreed.. angels would be your best cichlid option but if your up for a lil more work discus would be nice too in a planted tank.

My thoughts exactly. Angels are easier to care for than discus? Is that why? Have any of you heard about the Pinoy Angels? Convict look forward to the pics. aren't angels ok with plants?
Yesterday at a lfs i saw some very broad leaf plants about 12"-16" tall. They would look awesome in my tank. But they want $14 for each. Kind of steep? Don't you think?

So my main issue now is Angels or Discus? What are the. Challenges in keeping them successfully?

Yea they will do fine with plants. Angels would be a lot easyer then discus. I've heard a little talk about the one your talking about but unfortunately I don't know much about them at all. So hopefully someone that does will chime in on that matter. I'm not sure discus will work in that tank since they are a big body fish

Convict2161 said:
Here's the 35 hex at the firehouse. One of many tanks we have now :)

Pretty much what I have in mind. Very nice tank. Just have to make up mind if I give Discus a try. Those angels are nice. Ever here of a Blue Pinoy Angel?
By the way. You firemen sure have the life. Everyone loves you and you get to hang out and enjoy fish tanks and dalmatians. I've never seen a tank in a police station, not even in Illinois.

Paxlerod said:
Pretty much what I have in mind. Very nice tank. Just have to make up mind if I give Discus a try. Those angels are nice. Ever here of a Blue Pinoy Angel?
By the way. You firemen sure have the life. Everyone loves you and you get to hang out and enjoy fish tanks and dalmatians. I've never seen a tank in a police station, not even in Illinois.

Yea those are pretty fish! The life huh? Us? lol... Maybe during down time but when the bells go off its another story.

I once fell through the second floor of a house fire and had to bail out the window before the whole room flashed on me. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital. The life? Not sure but definitely what I love doing.

Convict2161 said:
Yea those are pretty fish! The life huh? Us? lol... Maybe during down time but when the bells go off its another story.

I once fell through the second floor of a house fire and had to bail out the window before the whole room flashed on me. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital. The life? Not sure but definitely what I love doing.

You are greatly appreciated. So have you heard of Pinoy blue angels?

My angels are pinoys, or at least from a pair of pinoy parents. About half of mine are showing the dark pinoy coloration. They are really gorgeous fish, I would post pictures but I can never find them holding still long enough to get good pictures.

I agree that discus probably aren't the best choice for that tank. They get pretty big, and I don't think they would have enough horizontal room in a tank like that. The height makes it great for angels, though.

I would probably do either discus or angels. I kept discus in my 120 for a while and they are not the most active of fish, they usually spent most of their time hanging out around a plant or something. There tends to be a standard among fishkeepers that comes along with discus keeping (and african keeping, and many others), but I try to break the mold a little when I make my plans, mostly because I don't think it's as black and white as we often make it out to be.

So I went with discus. Purchased 5 about 2 inch round. I also took advantage of the petsmart special on cardinal tetras. A dollar a piece and bought 15. Well one of the discus decided to act like a Festae and killed all but one other discus. Eating all the cardinals and the eyeballs from the three mature albino corrys. So now I only have two beautiful very aggressive discus in the tank. Any suggestions? I would like other fish in there.

They have both grown by an inch. O and almost forgot they also killed a three inch jack dempsy

Back
Top Bottom