Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Ryleyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 383
Help:( - Fish to Large for Tank!

I've had my tank for 10 gallon aquarium for 6months and when I first started I put in a yellow lab and a fry konji and I didn't know that they needed a bigger tank but my mom won't let me take them back or give them away I really need help:'(
__________________

__________________
Ryleyman is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Other than getting a larger aquarium, There is nothing else you can do, stating the obvious, but you can't stump growth without being cruel... So a 60gal is the way to go for rift lake!

All the best
__________________

__________________
AmazonFanatic is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Ryleyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonFanatic
Other than getting a larger aquarium, There is nothing else you can do, stating the obvious, but you can't stump growth without being cruel... So a 60gal is the way to go for rift lake!

All the best
I'd there any way I can humanly kill them?
__________________
Ryleyman is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,332
Umm..
These fish are relying on you to make the right decision
Killing them when they aren't sick because you can't properly care for them isn't making the right decision
Why cant you give them to the LFS?
__________________
It's not a dumb question if you ask it.
Too many tanks? GASP! How could that be?
emerald76 is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
haglagwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryleyman

I'd there any way I can humanely kill them?
I would check with your fish store tell them your situation. They would probably be interested in buying them or giving you a store credit. Or you could post on Craigslist to sell em. I'm sure you can get rid of them you don't need to kill them!
__________________
haglagwr is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Ryleyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 383
My situation is my mom wont let me sell them or give them away:/
__________________
Ryleyman is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
imtcurveball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: vacaville california
Posts: 297
Tell her that the fish need to have a better home and that you need to give him away. also tell her you can always get a more suitable sized fish that will be way happier in there. If that doesnt work... Do it behind her back. Or look for a larger tank. Craigslist always has cheap tanks. Good luck.
__________________
imtcurveball is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Ryleyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtcurveball
Tell her that the fish need to have a better home and that you need to give him away. also tell her you can always get a more suitable sized fish that will be way happier in there. If that doesnt work... Do it behind her back. Or look for a larger tank. Craigslist always has cheap tanks. Good luck.
il give that a try
__________________
Ryleyman is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
 
mfdrookie516's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ky
Posts: 19,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76 View Post
Umm..
These fish are relying on you to make the right decision
Killing them when they aren't sick because you can't properly care for them isn't making the right decision
Why cant you give them to the LFS?
If you'd go back and read the OP, you'd see that they state that their mother will NOT let them take them back, or get a bigger tank. Euthanizing a fish because you cannot provide a proper, humane home is NOT the wrong decision.
__________________
-Jonathan

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Ryleyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
If you'd go back and read the OP, you'd see that they state that their mother will NOT let them take them back, or get a bigger tank. Euthanizing a fish because you cannot provide a proper, humane home is NOT the wrong decision.
I don't want them to suffer
__________________

__________________
Ryleyman is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.