Help guys!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I'm new to this hobby and love it! I try my hardest to maintain my tank an keep up on all that is needed to make me and my fish happy. I tested the water on Monday and it was fine no issues. I tested it this morning and Nitrite levels were off the chart!! I re tested just to be sure and yup! Off the chart! It's a dark dark purple.

Can I treat it with Prime or API stress zyme +?

I did a water change last night and again today while rearranging my tank. I don't wanna do too many I'm worried about stressing my fish and me!!

Advice please? I'm so use to dealing with tough situation being a fire chief but this fish hobby has be beat! lol!! If the guys down the firehouse only knew that my newly found fish hobby is stressing me out more then a 2nd alarm fire!!

Have a good day and thanks in advance.

Waterchanges are good, but you say you did a waterchange last night, before doing this test?

If so, you MIGHT want to test the water straight out of your tap, and then after adding prime before adding to the tank. See if it spikes on you again. From my understanding (Someone else told me this, so it's not something I've experimented with) Prime can skew the readings. If you'd JUST done a waterchange two days AFTER a good test, and then it spikes, I'd just check to cover my bases.

That being said, if the water out of the tap comes up clean, PWC is your friend! :cool:

Ok so I did a water change last night and again this morning when I rearranged my tank. So... I treated with prime so do I do another water change now or wait a little while? I can do another one tonight, then do I treat it again with everything like prime, stress coat,water conditioner, neutralizer? Or maybe give the fish a break today and do it tomorrow?

Ok so just add prime after another water change later? Am I getting that right? Don't add anything other then prime? I'll do a water change when I get home then treat with prime.

Thanks everyone.

Yep. What I do with my discus is after I take water out of the tank I dose the prime in the tank. I also put a few drops in each bucket before I pour it in the tank .

Back
Top Bottom