Help!!! I need an ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WendiDell

Aquarium Advice Addict
Help!!!
I need an ID please. I've spent a few monts now trying to find another one online that looks like her but no luck. These aren't great pictures but she rarely holds still long enough to get a good shot. Anyway she's mud brown with slightly darker stripes. No other markings or even color.

It almost looks like a juvi kenyi male, but the body shape just doesn't look quite like mine... They start blue, but turn a goldish brown color, and eventually the dominant male will turn almost yellow.

It almost looks like a juvi kenyi male, but the body shape just doesn't look quite like mine... They start blue, but turn a goldish brown color, and eventually the dominant male will turn almost yellow.
I know she's not a Kenyi male. I had one of those, it was unfortunately killed by my Red Zebra Male, Sonny. I had to take him back to the LFS. He was decimating my female stock and everyone else in the tank was terrified of him. They were all in hiding until I took him out today.
Here is a Pic. of My late male Kenyi, He will be missed.

I guess it's that top right picture that makes me think that. PM mattrox and see if he can help. He's quite the expert on ID'ing africans.

Where might I find PM mattrox?
It's not that I will like her less if I never know what kind of Cichlid she is. I like to research all my fish. Learn their history, behaviors, temperment and so on. I can't do that with her. She may be a hybrid, which is fine, but a hybrid of what?

Back
Top Bottom