Help identifying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenTerrorNoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone help me identify new fish?

Attachments

• image-1486622985.jpg
    image-1486622985.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 113
Heres a better pic hopefully .. Guy at lfs called him a dragon goby but im 90% sure he is wrong

Attachments

• image-3861260131.jpg
    image-3861260131.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 112
its a butis butis. An awesome fish, often refered to as crazy gobie or dragon gobie since they often swim upside down. They are predatory but get along with similar sized community fish without issues. I had one for awhile, he took guppies and bloodworms with gusto. Won't touch pellets or flake. They can handle fresh water but really appreciate some aquarium salt in the tank. The have limited color change abilities to blend in with their surroundings. Congrats on a unusual and good find, I'm still trying to get another one for my tank.

10 bucks but got a 3 dollar fish of the month discount at jacks pets in ohio

GreenTerrorNoob said:
10 bucks but got a 3 dollar fish of the month discount at jacks pets in ohio

My brother lives by that. Supposedly he said they have just about everything there

He's cool. At first glance of the first pic, I thought he had legs! Grats! Great fish!

Ya im glad i went back to get him ... Only 2 left .. Lima ohio jacks pets if anyone is close. They had it labeled as a leopard goby

Wasnt takin any flake or pellets first day finally got him some bloodworms and he is feasting ! Thanks for all the info!

Ive recently looked up this butis butis or "crazy goby" and i must say im skeptical if thus is the correct identity of my fish. My fish is on the left . Butis butis is on the right . Any help at all i would appreciate.

Attachments

• image-1264082093.jpg
    image-1264082093.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3858564594.jpg
    image-3858564594.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 68
the fins are the same, if its not a true butis, then is a similar species. There is a big family of fish called "sleeper gobies" yours has fins that match the group. His head is a little different, but that about it. heres the wiki on Butis
Butis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia your looks like it could easily be a koilomatidon

Back
Top Bottom