Help Identifying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksgriff88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I was at my LFS yesterday and saw a beautiful fish that I was very interested in. However I didn't pull the trigger and got home and forgot their name. I called the LFS today and the guy has no idea what I was talking about so hopefully someone can help me out.

The cichlid was pink, yellow, and blue and the colors looked like they were sectioned off in 1/3rds from the front to the back. If I remember correctly the fish was pink in the back, blue middle, and yellow front. They were about 1" and showing very prominent colors. I also believe that the gentleman at the fish store said they were Victorians.

I've been looking everywhere online and haven't been able to find them. Any help would be much appreciated!

That looks similar but it looked a lot darker and more separated than that. Is there something else close to that?

The LFS is about 45 minutes away and I didn't buy them. Trying to find it so I can research it some more. If I had a picture I would definitely post it.

Umm.... Sp 44 has a similar color scheme. Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those all look close but can't quite say for sure. All those fish are really nice looking though.

I'm taking a half day at work tomorrow so I can go to the store and check them out as well as pick a few of them up! I will post pictures tomorrow but don't hold it against me if one of you hit the nail on the head!

So I went back to the store and they didn't have the one that I had remembered but I was able to get 2 of them that still look great. They are Sp 44s (thanks jmats!). I included a picture of one of them and really appreciate all the help! Thanks everyone!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439071438.339987.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439071453.887991.jpg

Looks like pundamilia nyrerei. Abt 90% sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey I was right :) I used to have those they're nice fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom