Help indentifying this cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joegourami

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. Recently I got a pair of Tanganyika cichlids, but the LFS owner didn't tell me the species. Can you help me and tell me the species, please?

image-3581059832.jpg

image-896863768.jpg

image-239771461.jpg

Attachments

• image-3161212069.jpg
    image-3161212069.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1073479059.jpg
    image-1073479059.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 80
looks like a stressed or muddied leleupi. Substrate makes areal impact on there color. on darker substrate they look like yours and people refer to is as "muddy" people usually have them on white substrate to bring out the yellow more. It may also just be stressed. Stress will affect the color also.

Yeah, that's a lamprologus leleupi, and it's colors are way off, they are typically bright orange. I will warn you this isn't the best species for mbuna, and to keep an eye on everyone. The colors are more than likely from stress, especially if new

Yeah, that's a lamprologus leleupi, and it's colors are way off, they are typically bright orange. I will warn you this isn't the best species for mbuna, and to keep an eye on everyone. The colors are more than likely from stress, especially if new
They are with other 5 yellow labs. Will there be a problem? And how do I get their colors back?

Just give it time. That's not an ideal mix but it will probably work. Leleupi can get highly territorial.

Back
Top Bottom