Help! Is my cichlid sick or hurt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishowner3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The past two days my turquoise jewel cichlid has been hiding and has gotten darker and darker each day. The first dark fish is him and the second pic is another fish in the tank that is similar to what he looked like before. I also have noticed the lighter one has been chasing the dark one. Do you think he’s hurt? IMG_1512020061.310994.jpgIMG_1512020070.389106.jpg

They can play rough. Stay with a bunch of water changes I hope it recovers. I do have a book filled with African dwarves. I will look to try to get you some info on how to sex

They can play rough. Stay with a bunch of water changes I hope it recovers. I do have a book filled with African dwarves. I will look to try to get you some info on how to sex

Thanks!

So I checked my book. The information around hemichromis is thin. The only real comment about sexing was during pre spawn males will be darker and females a little smaller but with more girth viewed top down

Back
Top Bottom