HELP! JD jumped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hes really nice. I may get one soon haha. How aggressive are they? I need them to be some what aggressive to keep up with salvinis, rtm, and Convicts haha

What size tank do you have?? I like them but i will prob get rtm and grammodes first.

I have a 125 for the sa/ca...40g African chiclid 40g planted tank tropical and a 55g guppy breeder tank with some blood parrots in in

I put him in with Midas,JD, red devil all super aggressive he did fine and tripled in size too with in a month

He is staying up now and not laying on his side

Attachments

• image-883931431.jpg
    image-883931431.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1320505175.jpg
    image-1320505175.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 96
I now have him in a 10g q because he got worse. Fin rot. I was just at petco and got prime but i forgot stress coat and melafix (punching myself right now!!!!) but he is still swimming fine. I will be doing 50% wc in the 10 everyday till he recovers.

Is he eating anything or does he feel to crappy to eat? If not I wonder if you could tempt him with a small live earth-worm.

I will try. I really dont want to lose him lol. He doesnt come out much when he was healthy but he is one of the best looking JD i have seen. I will get a ride to petco tomorrow and get some melafix and stress coat.

I will try. I really dont want to lose him lol. He doesnt come out much when he was healthy but he is one of the best looking JD i have seen. I will get a ride to petco tomorrow and get some melafix and stress coat.

I really hope he makes it. I used to have a beautiful pair years ago. They are really cool fish. My male was extremely friendly towards me but hated the convicts ;) ha haaa

Well he wont eat an earthworm. But he swimming around perfectly when he actually does swim. When he doesnt swim he lays in the bottom of the tank. I am going to get stress coat and melafix at 930 tomorrow morning.

Well he wont eat an earthworm. But he swimming around perfectly when he actually does swim. When he doesnt swim he lays in the bottom of the tank. I am going to get stress coat and melafix at 930 tomorrow morning.

Good luck buddy! I know you really like him! Does it help you decide to sell your oscars? I know you're setting up the new tank but what do you have already and what's in them?

Well i still have the oscars but im going to sell one of them within the week because the tiger oscar is why the jd jumped. He was bullying the jd. But right now i have

55g- divided in half with one oscar and one RD.
I know it is small but it will only be like that for a little bit till the oscar gets sold

55g- salvini, breeding pair if jewels, breeding pair of cons, tiger oscar

150- no fish

10g q- Jd

Well i still have the oscars but im going to sell one of them within the week because the tiger oscar is why the jd jumped. He was bullying the jd. But right now i have

55g- divided in half with one oscar and one RD.
I know it is small but it will only be like that for a little bit till the oscar gets sold

55g- salvini, breeding pair if jewels, breeding pair of cons, tiger oscar

150- no fish

10g q- Jd

Cool. I'd sell both oscars move the rd and salvini to the big tank (depending on current size of them) Use 1 55 for the jewels and convict (both tough as hell in my experience and can tolerate each other). Use the second 55 as a grow out! Your parents are cool parents to support your hobby! My wife's much less accommodating I have 3 set up and one empty and gathering dust in garage.

They are regretting supporting my hobby now lmao! The salvini is 2" and the RD is 7.5" and if the RD killed my salvini i would keep the RD just to put in with all the jaguars when they are grown up a little more like 7-8". Thats mean. Ya i will prob do this

Sell oscars
Put cons and jewels and salvini in one 55 and the red devil in one 55.

Get the jags on friday when they get here and put them in the 150g i might put the salvini in if they are all the same size but most likely not.

Back
Top Bottom