HELP! JD jumped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are regretting supporting my hobby now lmao! The salvini is 2" and the RD is 7.5" and if the RD killed my salvini i would keep the RD just to put in with all the jaguars when they are grown up a little more like 7-8". Thats mean. Ya i will prob do this

Sell oscars
Put cons and jewels and salvini in one 55 and the red devil in one 55.

Get the jags on friday when they get here and put them in the 150g i might put the salvini in if they are all the same size but most likely not.

That works! Just watch the salvini with both those pairs. If they're breeding they can put a hurt on it. I know you know already but salvs are unpredictable. Bullied or bullies. But I don't know size of jewels or cons. I once had a jewel that was like 3 inches and killed anything and everything in a 70 gallon. Bigger, smaller,faster, didn't matter

Hes not looking to good. I added some melafix and stress coat a little whila ago but he is just laying on his side breathing. I hold him in the current a little bit to get water through the gills.

How about raising the temp. In his hospital tank just a couple of degrees, minimize the visual stress by darkening three sides of the tank and maybe adding a couple of expendable non-threatening healthy dither fish. May help with boosting confidence and reduce stress.

When I was younger my dad made little gold fish ponds in our front yard. One day I picked up a rock on the edge of the pond half in the water and I found a gold fish under the rock. I helped him get back out into the pond his back was broken and warped but he lived. My dad had re arranged the rocks 3 weeks prior possibly when the fish got crushed and some how survived it was amazing.

Moral of the story...

Fish can come out of anything sometimes good luck !

When I was younger my dad made little gold fish ponds in our front yard. One day I picked up a rock on the edge of the pond half in the water and I found a gold fish under the rock. I helped him get back out into the pond his back was broken and warped but he lived. My dad had re arranged the rocks 3 weeks prior possibly when the fish got crushed and some how survived it was amazing.

Moral of the story...

Fish can come out of anything sometimes good luck !

Thanks! I hope so.

Ya. He was prob my favorite fish but not much i can do about. Im selling my two oscars and the red devil for $70 so i might get another Jd. The jags are coming today or tom.

That's a good idea. Did you ever think of Texas cichlids? I just saw them at the big chain pet store for 1.59 ea

Back
Top Bottom