HELP! JD jumped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
I woke up this morning and my JD was on the floor! I think he has been there for over an hour but i saw his mouth open so i have been holding him in the water current a little bit. What should i do!

I woke up this morning and my JD was on the floor! I think he has been there for over an hour but i saw his mouth open so i have been holding him in the water current a little bit. What should i do!

I am not an expert but what you are doing sounds right, is he responding?

Still breathing. On his side layin on the glas wiggling his fins pushing itself around the q-tank. Trying to swim. I pick him up every once in a while to "swim" him around. His color was AWESOME now theres like nothing

Color woudl be nil as he has been a bit traumatized, talk about stress, keep watching him, hope he will bounce back. Would hate that if mine did that. Hope he comes around, I have a feeling he will.

Ya it will be slow but i think he will come around. It was my stupid oscar chasing him around last night and i didnt think anything about it.

My jack did that as well... He was out of the tank for at least an hour before I found him... He eventually snapped out of it... Hope yours is ok? Good luck

He is now swimming around for a second or two them drops again. Slowly coming back. He would always hide before now hes prob going to be hiding 24/7/365 lmao.

They snap out of that hiding stuff mine did that forthwith longest time now he's the most friendly fish I have... Even lets me pet him lol

I have had him for over a year he has just stoped hiding because i seperated him from the big oscar. Now the little one is fighting him.

I have had him for over a year he has just stoped hiding because i seperated him from the big oscar. Now the little one is fighting him.

My female Texas jumped out and died which thoroughly ticked me off but it prompted me to make a lid and have had any problems since... The Oscar probibly spooked the JD. Which in turn made him jump out. I think that is what happened to my Texas...

Ya i like texas cichlids srry. The oscars are going i was already about to sell them to make room for rarer cichlids but the tiger o will be going but the red will prob stay idk yet

Back
Top Bottom