Help Me ID These Cichlids Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2. "looks like" a Lamprologus tretocephalus but im really not sure on that one
3. Male Aulonocara nyassae
4. looks like an Aulonocara sp

Last edited:
2. "looks like" a Lamprologus tretocephalus but im really not sure on that one
3. Male Aulonocara nyassae
4. looks like an Aulonocara sp
The first one isn't right.

But the 2nd one I think might be, can't find a clear enough picture that looks like him,
3rd one might be right too. The thing is that I don't think there colors really came in yet so they could always change.

I merged the threads into one in the Cichlid Discussion Forum. We try to keep the forum clean by keeping the threads in the appropriate forum.

BTW, if you can't find the exact specie, it could be a cross breed. This is very common in Africans.

I merged the threads into one in the Cichlid Discussion Forum. We try to keep the forum clean by keeping the threads in the appropriate forum.

BTW, if you can't find the exact specie, it could be a cross breed. This is very common in Africans.

Well I had it in the cichlid forum earlier but no one was really commenting back so I decided to move it over here just to see if anyone would apply.

The first one is a mbuna of some sort, possibly one of the 'pseudotropheus elongatus' variants (of which there are many).

1st one is some sort of zebra, 2nd some sort of peacock and third an ahli or electric blue

your's are more interesting?Are yu sure they are cicihilds

I was told these are convict cicihilds and I have approx 100 to 140 babies.

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 74
Hi everyone, im new to the site,wrting to you from across the pond in england, I think the 1st pic is of a cynotilapia afra, but its the yellow blase variety.Its difficult because there is another mbuna named Chismulae which can be identical.

2nd pic looks like Aulunacara "hans" baenschi, but i think they usually colour a lot brighter, with a red/ orange colour. i could be wrong but when i order malawi's at work this what i get delivered.

3rd pic should be Aulunacara kadeensis(blue) usually known as nyassae. hope this helps.

Well all the cichlids in those pictures have passed on now because one of my cichlids took a spot of territory were the food goes in so none of the others got food. Not cool ha

Back
Top Bottom