Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrza

Aquarium Advice Freak
Came home from work to find my P. acei had gotten the snot beaten out of it. Real bad shape, prob the work of one of the OB zebras. Not swimming straight. I have it isolated in a small plastic container while simultaneously trying to acclimate it to the water in my Tanganyikan shelly tank. Is it a good idea to put him in the Shelly tank to recover? It's a 4" acei going in with some speciosus and similis. Also the pH is higher in that tank hence the acclimating.

No. It's either his regular tank or the shelly tank until he's stronger and I identify the perp

Also, what should I do as far as treatment? I'm thinking aquarium salt and pristine water conditions.

Well you better hope your tanganyikan cichlids are kind and compassionate or else he's toast also critically injured fish often die when being acclimated to new water parameters. I wish you luck . Let me know how he does

To be honest he looks pretty bad and I haven't put him in the tank yet.

I seriously suggest slapping together some sort of hospital tank!

I drilled holes in a plastic carrying case and I have that in the tank. He's isolated and still getting filtered water etc.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the advice. I'll let you know how things turn out in the morning. Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom