Help me stock my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice man I was just looking I think I'm going

12 barbs
Green terror
Blue acura
Brittle nose pleco
A convict
And maybe a blood parrot

For a 55g??

How long is the tank?

A green terror and a blood parrot together will not only push up the bioload but could also result in a dead parrot, both are fairly aggressive.

55 Gallon stocking

would these fish work together and would it be a good tank

6 tiger barbs
4 albino tiger barbs
5 green tiger barbs
1 green terror
1 blue acura
1 convict
1 jewel
1brittle nose pleco
1 rainbow shark
if you have any ideas please let me know or if something would look a lot cooler than these fish let me know thank you

Nice man I was just looking I think I'm going

12 barbs
Green terror
Blue acura
Brittle nose pleco
A convict
And maybe a blood parrot

Way to many cichlids here I think you could pull off the blue Acara md convict but not 4 deifferent ones.

6 tiger barbs
4 albino tiger barbs
5 green tiger barbs
1 green terror
1 blue acura
1 convict
1brittle nose pleco
1 rainbow shark

would something like this work

6 tiger barbs
4 albino tiger barbs
5 green tiger barbs
1 green terror
1 blue acura
1 convict
1brittle nose pleco
1 rainbow shark

would something like this work

No still to much cut out the green terror Cichlid. I would suggest a Firemouth instead of a convict not as aggressive. I would do a stock of

4- Tiger Barbs
4- Albino Tigers
4- Green Tiger Barbs
1- Blue Acara
1- Firemouth
1- Rainbow Shark or Bristlenose Pleco I wouldn't do both.

would these fish work together and would it be a good tank

6 tiger barbs
4 albino tiger barbs
5 green tiger barbs
1 green terror
1 blue acura
1 convict
1 jewel
1brittle nose pleco
1 rainbow shark
if you have any ideas please let me know or if something would look a lot cooler than these fish let me know thank you

Stop making like 20 threads just keep it all in one spot and no that stock isn't going to work you are wanting way to many fish.

could i get like more than one fire mouth or more than one blue acara

Not with that many fish if you wanna do that you could do
Either
2- Firemouths and 12 tiger barbs
Or 2- Blue Acara and 10 tiger barbs.

instead of the pleco could i go with a certain kind of cat fish or is that a bad idea

No still to much cut out the green terror Cichlid. I would suggest a Firemouth instead of a convict not as aggressive. I would do a stock of

4- Tiger Barbs
4- Albino Tigers
4- Green Tiger Barbs
1- Blue Acara
1- Firemouth
1- Rainbow Shark or Bristlenose Pleco I wouldn't do both.

I would agree with this set up I think this is a good mix and kind of goes with the look you are going for. The GT and Blue Acara look similar but the Blue acara is a better size for the 55 gallon.

Instead of pleco you can do a cat. but I wouldn't do a cat with the rainbow shark. IMO I would skip the shark all together. They are cool looking but get nippy and can be a pain in the butt.

Many new people think they need a pleco for algae and really plecos do nothing for algae. water changes keep algae down.

Either

This set up is also nice. I love Fire Mouths now that I own a pair they have quickly become my favorite fish. I think Ruby barbs would look cool with the Fire Mouths.

Either

Could also have 2 x rainbows (easy cichlid to look after) plus the barbs

Josh could you keep a small pleco with a pair of cichlids in a tank this size, might as well hijack this thread as no one answered mine :(

Could also have 2 x rainbows (easy cichlid to look after) plus the barbs

Josh could you keep a small pleco with a pair of cichlids in a tank this size, might as well hijack this thread as no one answered mine :(

Totally agree- rainbows are pretty darn cool and you could always go for a pair of rainbows, a large school of small barbs, a small school of medium barbs, I would suggest a couple smaller bristle nose pleco (especially if you plan on having driftwood, plus they are a definite help when cichlid feedings get messy) or perhaps a small school of yoyo loaches and perhaps a couple nerita snails (they don't reproduce in freshwater and will stir your sand substrate, if that's what you're into)..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom