Help my cichlids are acting funny!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came home from work and though it's later then usual they seem a little lazy! Usually they are active and about. They were uninterested in food even their blood warms they go crazy for. And my lab seems a little dull in color! HELP! Should I be worried?

Since you said labs, I'm assuming you have all africans? Were the lights off? This is normal behavior if the lights were off... they were sleepin!

On a side note, bloodworms and mbuna don't mix. High protein foods cause bloat, which can be deadly

I'm so glad you told me that! The guy I bought them from said they love them. Ugh I should not have trusted him. I only give it to them once in a while as a treat but guess they will be missing it!

And yes the light was out. I thought they could be sleeping cause I got home later and they do get lazy at night but my lab being pale worried me. And then when I fed them and they could have cared less I figured it best get opinions. They always eat!

I'm sure they love them, most fish do. But, they're definitely not healthy for them. Maybe a tiny bit once a month or so would be ok. But nothing regular.

Mine never would eat when they were sleeping. I turned the light on one night about 3am because I was bored. They were white. Scared me for a second until I remembered that fish sleep too.

Well even though mine love the worms they can't have them anymore. May e once in a blue moon but I don't want to be the cause of the death of my fish! So thanks for that.

And I knew they slept but I never noticed they paled in color when they did. She is already getting her color back ! Thanks I feel better. I'm a little attached to my fish! Lol sad but I may need to rehome one or two and I'm NOT happy about it!!!

Km84 said:
Well even though mine love the worms they can't have them anymore. May e once in a blue moon but I don't want to be the cause of the death of my fish! So thanks for that.

And I knew they slept but I never noticed they paled in color when they did. She is already getting her color back ! Thanks I feel better. I'm a little attached to my fish! Lol sad but I may need to rehome one or two and I'm NOT happy about it!!!

do i smell mts developing

I wish! I have two. I need to upgrade the other one as my angels are now getting big. I have a 55 and a 29. I need to get a larger tank for the two angels. They were my first and need a bigger tank

I might get a third just for my jack dempsy. I didn't realize when I was convinced into taking him what he was. They guy told me he would be great with my fish. And he is now but soon he will get bigger then the rest and I know he is aggressive. He was vile t when I took him home. Though I had to get rid if him that day. But my lab decided she was in charge and he is scared of her. Don't k ow how long that will last.

Km84 said:
I might get a third just for my jack dempsy. I didn't realize when I was convinced into taking him what he was. They guy told me he would be great with my fish. And he is now but soon he will get bigger then the rest and I know he is aggressive. He was vile t when I took him home. Though I had to get rid if him that day. But my lab decided she was in charge and he is scared of her. Don't k ow how long that will last.

take everything your lfs says with a grain of salt

There are my fish in my 55

Attachments

• image-3393264395.jpg
    image-3393264395.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3649719183.jpg
    image-3649719183.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4271786105.jpg
    image-4271786105.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1199142175.jpg
    image-1199142175.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1313595333.jpg
    image-1313595333.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 75
Thanks! I am Attached to all of them! Lol so I'm hoping to avoid problems as long as possible

Back
Top Bottom