Help my malawi cichlids are loosing their colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkimikey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I need help. My cichlids are seriously loosing their colour, I've added a album to my profile. But not to sure how this site works as joined today to try get help from n e one. I can't find n e thing on google that looks like my fish, they are all happy enough, feeding ect but the colour loss is drastic, think I have pics attached now, first pic is a demasoni, 2nd and 3rd pic are a hara reef,
Thank you to anyone in advance for any help or advice

image-4134078828.jpg

image-1643502162.jpg

image-2559433674.jpg

first question how many fish do you have? particularly the demasoni.

and we need tank details, size, filter, temp, pH, etc to help you the best.

Hi I need help. My cichlids are seriously loosing their colour, I've added a album to my profile. But not to sure how this site works as joined today to try get help from n e one. I can't find n e thing on google that looks like my fish, they are all happy enough, feeding ect but the colour loss is drastic, think I have pics attached now, first pic is a demasoni, 2nd and 3rd pic are a hara reef,
Thank you to anyone in advance for any help or advice

Could be stress, have you added or changed anything to the tank? Also could be due to the water conditions, are your parameters ok?

Hello thanks guys! Is a jewel rio 180 tank, with built in filter plus a fluval 4plus there's only 2 dems ones perfect and then the one pictured, all the hara have some form of colour loss, these seem to be the only ones affected, the yellow labs are totally fine, have changed substrate recently from light coloured small stones to black with small coloured stones, have had a prob with The rock going green a lot lately too,

Back
Top Bottom