Help! Mystery Baby fish appeared in my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsDenim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

My hubby and I were feeding our fish and noticed a lone baby hiding in the rock cave. We have 2 mbuna, 1 Dragonblood, 1 Jake Peacock, 1 Chocolate Pleco, 1 cuckoo synodontis, and 2 extremely tough diamond tetras (which where our dither fish when we started the tank).

I do not see any other fry in the tank. My hubby think belongs to one of our mbuna. (We have had the tank about 3 months.) we had a lot of cycling issues but finally got it perfect in the last week or so. And now there is this mystery baby!

What do we do? I realize the cycle of life could be it gets eaten, but my preference is to try and protect. Our mbunas are gorgeous and it would be amazing to raise the little guy.

Anyone ever have this happen or advice on how to handle? I crushed flake food to powder and got it to the fry while distracting the big guys with normal size flake at the top. Our fish are nice size but none of them seemed pregnant or had anything hidden in their mouth. We've had the cichlids for about 2 months now.

I occasionally get a couple of little guys in my mbuna tank but eventually become food the bigger guys.
At the moment I have one that has lasted a month, this little guy is fast!
I feed it flakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Was hard to photograph but starting to wonder if it is an mbuna or a peacock cichlid. Either way, we got it a 1.5 gallon mini tank and used water from our existing tank.

There was a second one but he disappeared while we were capturing the second one.

Just awes me a little... I love cichlids :D

Sigh.. I don't know how to upload pics.. Forgive the multi posts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom