Help needed !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianant

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, Need some advice on my female Krib ! She's now been sitting on the bottom of the tank for approximately 3 Days Not sure if she's feeding or not as i havn't seen her take any food down but there's no signs of thinning in the stomach area ? No Obvious signs of parasites or ill health, She does attempt to swim but comes back down rather heavily onto her belly. All water cons are good with nothing excessive. Her tank mates are all good and strong (5 Tetras, 4 Guppies and her Mate). No Gravel or decor have been Moved, her Mate Hasn't been bullying her as i've been watching them closely for any signs of breeding. I'm Stumped as to what could be wrong with her, any help would be much Appreciated.

I have no idea either but I would start with a few extra water changes this week and see if that help perk her up. It is amazing how many mysteries can be helped with a few extra water changes.

Exact water parameters might help us also what kind of tests do you use? Liquid or strips? As happygirl said, a water change or two extra sure won't harm the fish any.

Have you tried feeding her boiled, de-shelled peas? She could have a swim bladder problem which can be cause by constipation. I feed my fish boiled peas once a week to help with digestion. Peas are a laxative to fish.
I wish you luck!

Well unfortunately She didn't make it ! Sob,Sob ! BUT the good news to come out of it is that i now have a (what i believe) to be a Breeding pair ! Although the Kribs i had were Compatible with each other they didn't display the courtship behaviour that i'm getting with the new pair (i.e) Shaking at each other always together and Cleaning out a cave for egg laying. Hopefully Before too long i may even get to see some little ones.

Hi Guys, Update on the Krib Pair ! Well they've Paired up proper now, Even got to the laying process. Here's a vid or the pair over the weekend.
YouTube - The Proud Father
Some Advice needed tho' the male has become aggresive towards the female even though the eggs are only one day young, I've read this is fairly Common but only after the fry are swimming, should i consider taking the female out as the Male is so protective ? ALL Comments will be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom