Help sexing Bolivian ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

farnaby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know these pictures aren't the best, but does anyone have thoughts on the sex of this guy (gal)? I have noticed that two of his (her) black dorsal fin spikes are longer than the others, but I'd love some feedback.

Attachments

• G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 66
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 79
I know these pictures aren't the best, but does anyone have thoughts on the sex of this guy (gal)? I have noticed that two of his (her) black dorsal fin spikes are longer than the others, but I'd love some feedback.
Almost positive this is a female. I need someone to confirm but that's my conclusive statement.

Well then, it's a good thing we went with a gender neutral name (Geist). I'd love for someone else to jump and confirm because I'm working with a breeder to find a suitable mate for this lovely young lady.

Thank you, Fishanatic!

Well then, it's a good thing we went with a gender neutral name (Geist). I'd love for someone else to jump and confirm because I'm working with a breeder to find a suitable mate for this lovely young lady.

Thank you, Fishanatic!
No problem. Just saying, you could try and check pictures to confirm it you're self, for a double approval.

Back
Top Bottom