Help!!! (Urgent!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aquarist1234 said:
My tank is cycled I cant tell what their gill look like inside because he's less than an inch right now. But my demasoni is breathing a lot faster then normal.

Judging by your parameters your tank is not cycled. Unless you have your nitrites and nitrates mixed up.

When you do your tank maintenance are you changing our your filter media with new? If so that would be causing mini cycles thus showing the reading of nitrites.

garfy said:
This is why you need a test kit.It's how you can tell your tank is cycling correctly.

+1. If you can't afford the full kit at least get the nitrites and ammonia. Nitrates are the by product and are controlled with water changes. As long as you're consistent and frequent you don't need to worry about it. Once the tank is cycled nitrites and ammonia should always be 0.

The amount of time you've had your tank doesn't mean it's cycled.When your cycling your tank you will test the water daily and these results will determine your water changes until as Makawi quite correctly states your Ammonia and Nitrites will be zero and you will have a small Nitrate reading preferably under 10 ppm.
Please understand we are not getting at you but only trying to help you and your fish.

I understand your not trying to get at me and appreciate your help. I just got a look at its gills, they are light tan-ish.

Here's my plan of action (feel free to add on)

•Large PWC
•Very thoroughly vacuum the gravel
•Thoroughly rinse the filter cartridge
•Rinse all of my decor in hot water
•Add aquarium salt
•Add another aerating tube
•Pray that my fish recover

Aquarist1234 said:
Here's my plan of action (feel free to add on)

•Large PWC
•Very thoroughly vacuum the gravel
•Thoroughly rinse the filter cartridge
•Rinse all of my decor in hot water
•Add aquarium salt
•Add another aerating tube
•Pray that my fish recover

Sounds good just don't use tap water in anything!. Just use the tank water that you take out!

christine2012 said:
Sounds good just don't use tap water in anything!. Just use the tank water that you take out!

I know :). I always condition the water I use first:).

I cant right now, its wierd though, the rapid breathing, then rejecting food, then hiding, then death, idk what to do... I only have 3 fish left.

And I forgot to mention they also had white stringy poop

That small amount of nitrites is not going kill your fish, every one of the symptoms you've described leads me towards bloat. What medication did you treat with?

HUKIT said:
That small amount of nitrites is not going kill your fish, every one of the symptoms you've described leads me towards bloat. What medication did you treat with?

I treated with tetra anti-fungus and anti-parasite

I treated with tetra anti-fungus and anti-parasite

I've had to treat 3-4 times with some medications like that, how many rounds did you perform?

I've had a couple of cases that didn't respond to Mertozoidale and Praziquental due to a delayed diagnosis and Clout was the only hope in those situations. If the illness is not caught and diagnosed quickly the medication will not succeed. If that's the case then at least you need to find out why, what are you feeding? Food, stress, and excess salt and the three biggest reasons for Bloat.

Back
Top Bottom