help urgent water issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisalugh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New ISH tank, been one month no issues, now getting nitrate and nitrite high levels, no ammonia. How much water do I switch out? Did pwc of 25% only three days ago. Please answer asap

Did you cycle the tank? You shouldn't have nitrates if it's cycled. What are your exact levels? With fish in the tank I would water chAnge any time levels get to high even if that everyday until it's cycled

New ISH tank, been one month no issues, now getting nitrate and nitrite high levels, no ammonia. How much water do I switch out? Did pwc of 25% only three days ago. Please answer asap

If your having nitRITES then your tank is still cycling...TRATES should be 20 or less.....I would do a 50% PWC, wait for 1 hour, retest, and do another wc according to the results of the test...example..if your trites are down but not 0, then do another 50% pwc, make sure you dechlorinate tank each time...good luck

if nitrites are really 10 ppm you have a problem. do a 50% change and then another then another then another. then you will be at about .75 ppm. you really want to keep it as close to 0 as you can, even .25 can be harmful.

Keep changing water until levels are safe. Trites should be 0.0 so anything above that is high and dangerous for Your fish. Trates above 30 is getting high for most fish but under 20 Is desirable

Great news, I got fluval nitrate/nitrire remover, did pwc, and nitrites down from 10.0 to 3.0. I'm hoping tomorrow they are completely down. Bad news? Algae bloom now lol.

Back
Top Bottom