HELP!? What Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHRIMP17

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay, so i wanted to set up a Cichlid tank preferably from lake Malawi but there are so many types of Cichlids so i would like a list of about 12 different Cichlids that would live together in a 210 litre tank. I would like a range of colours it possible including Electric yellow lab, Firefish/ Dragos blood and Albino zebra
Thanks

55 gal is good for Mbuna cichlids like the yellow labs. Albino zebras would be good too. Firefish (aulonacara) need 75 gallon minumum, and thier diet is not the same as the mbuna. So overfilter, your looking at around 20 fish max. Lots of rocks, clean, hard ,alkaline water. Get an API master test kit and read the guide to fishless cycling 3 times. Feed a varied diet of shelled peas, garlic peices, zuchini, lettuce, spinach, frozen brine shrimp. And New life spectrum cichlid pellets. good luck!

Okay, i have decided on a tank of Cichlids, if someone could let me know if something wouldnt work etc. I have a 210 litre tank.
Electric yellow lab: 3
Albino Zebra: 2
Jewel Cichlid: 1
Blue ram: 2
Yellow tail Acei: 2
White tail Acei: 1

SHRIMP17 said:
Okay, i have decided on a tank of Cichlids, if someone could let me know if something wouldnt work etc. I have a 210 litre tank.
Electric yellow lab: 3
Albino Zebra: 2
Jewel Cichlid: 1
Blue ram: 2
Yellow tail Acei: 2
White tail Acei: 1

Rams are SA. Acei might be stressed by the zebras.

SA = South American. Its best not to mix South American with Africans. That said, I do have a Jack Dempsey (south American) in my African cichlid tank. I have had no issues but from what I gather most suggest against it.

It's not recommended due to differences in water parameters (high ph vs low ph), diet (veggies vs meat), and temperament.

Back
Top Bottom