Help with Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whalerghost

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gal. High, with still my starter fish,7 Zebras, 5 White Clouds and 5 Corey's. I have added a Clown Pleco and a Bushy Nose Pleco .Also 4 Bolivian Rams and a Electric Blue Jack Dempsey. Two of the Bolivian Rams seem to have paired off, but not the other two. In fact one Ram i hardly ever see because he's always hiding. My question is should i buy two more Rams hoping for another pairing or am i just asking for trouble?

Thanks

IMO, rehome the 2 that haven't paired off, and stick with the one pair. Your pair will likely be aggressive to any new rams you add to the tank now, which will prevent another pairing.

IMO, rehome the 2 that haven't paired off, and stick with the one pair. Your pair will likely be aggressive to any new rams you add to the tank now, which will prevent another pairing.

Three is a bad number here. The above is not bad advice. That or add a couple more. The bottom is getting a little busy for that. I have a bunch of these. You probably have a small male. How much cover is there?

Btw, the jack will probably smoke these guys when he gets bigger. Bolivians pillow fight.

Btw, the jack will probably smoke these guys when he gets bigger. Bolivians pillow fight.

Totally agree, if you want to keep any of the other fish alive in the aquarium you will need to either re-home the JD or re-home everything else.

Back
Top Bottom