Help with ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Girl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any ideas on this fellow? He was in the mixed peacock tank. He had a lot more colour when I got him about a month ago. He's eating well and growing but definitely not a dominant fish in the tank. I'm doing twice weekly PWC (around 50% and 35% respectively) and all of my other fish have coloured up really nicely. Starting to wonder if he is a she - and wanting an all male tank.

image-2473066329.jpg

image-226836471.jpg

image-2145676149.jpg

Aquarium Girl said:
Any ideas on this fellow? He was in the mixed peacock tank. He had a lot more colour when I got him about a month ago. He's eating well and growing but definitely not a dominant fish in the tank. I'm doing twice weekly PWC (around 50% and 35% respectively) and all of my other fish have coloured up really nicely. Starting to wonder if he is a she - and wanting an all male tank.

Looks like a female peacock to me

Andrew McFadden said:
How big is it?

1 and 1/2 inches not including tail. Seemed darker when I got it but paled a lot after I did and while all my other fish are thriving and getting more colour this little fella isn't.

Here's another pic.

image-2769699273.jpg

Well I'm pretty sure you just answered your own question. More than likely its a female so I'd take it back since you want all males. As for the id I'm not sure

Andrew McFadden said:
Well I'm pretty sure you just answered your own question. More than likely its a female so I'd take it back since you want all males. As for the id I'm not sure

Thanks Andrew. I'm new to this so not really ready for grandfish yet :) I'll see if I can take her back over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom