Help with identifying two fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgreptom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I took these three fish off a friend for a favor.. they were being picked on by some Dempseys.. they are all three doing great.

This is the same fish.. practically the same stance.
VO16il.jpg

ZOHhIl.jpg

Then there's this pair..

wDBonl.jpg

6pI36l.jpg

The first (solid red one) looks like a red zebra, the second looks possibly like a hybrid the third (blue) looks like a cobalt blue.

The three fish are all orange.. I need help with identifying the orange fish(sorry for not specifying)

The first two pics I tried to get of the solid orange one... but he took the same stance.

The last two pics are of two different orange / black blotted cichlids that I needed help identifying

thanks so much

the first one is not a strawberry peacock, it is clearly a red zebra(looks like a male)... red zebras are not red, they are orange or peach colored... only cherry red zebras are dark red... the other one definately looks like an M. estherae, which i would LOVE to put in my mbuna tank. Make sure you dont feed them alot of protein, as they will get bloat... and dont mix them with south/central american or other africans with are more carnivorous and require more protein... these mbuna are so fun to watch. Also make sure they have lots of caves to hide in, they will be very aggressive if not ;)

Back
Top Bottom