Help with nitrate levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
24 hours since last water change
Ph. 7.8
Ammonia. .25ppm
Nitrite. 0ppm
Nitrate. 100ppm

Any suggestions????

How old is your test kit? Something strange is going on here and I'm not sure what! Try taking your water to a lfs see if their results match yours?

My test kit is no more than 8 months old. But I'm going here in a little bit to my lfs and I'll see what they say

Well I went to my lfs and their test kit read 0 nitrates... So next week I am going to go back up there with more water and my kit so that they can use my kit to test their water. And if come to find out that it is a bad test kit then API will be getting a letter from me!

Sounds like something's gone wrong with your test kit. Which would be panic over for you, and also mean that unless you run out of room your plecs can stay!!! I would still only replace filter media when it's next to falling apart and just rinse with tank water.

Good luck

thanks!
I'm glad this is finally getting figured out because I've been doing some serious water changes and water treatments and honestly i'm surprised that my fish haven't completely stressed out!!
And now i can look in to getting some new fish, which i have been waiting to do for about 5 months due to the levels. lol

Back
Top Bottom