Hemichromis ID help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Congoman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking either H. Stellifer or H. Guttatus hoping its the former of the two. It's about two in. long. Any input would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image-3419926558.jpg
    image-3419926558.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 104
Much better photo

Attachments

• image-3100720620.jpg
    image-3100720620.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 109
How old is it and where did you buy it?

It 2 in long so I can't be more than a couple of months. I bought it from a LFS called the fish bowl it was sold as a "jewel cichlid" but I was intrigued by the more orange color and and pointed snout. It was only $6 and took a shot in the dark that it could be a H. Stellifer but its more likely a guttatus.

People if you read the thread name and first post I know it is some sort of Hemichromide, which encompases all the "jewel cichlid" species, I believe there's 10. are 3 species that are sold as "red jewels" H. Bimaculatus, H.Guttatus, and H.Stellifer. IMO I thought it looked like a H.Stellifer or H.guttatus which look similar but it's to small to really be sure. Thanks for the help though.

People if you read the thread name and first post I know it is some sort of Hemichromide, which encompases all the "jewel cichlid" species, I believe there's 10. are 3 species that are sold as "red jewels" H. Bimaculatus, H.Guttatus, and H.Stellifer. IMO I thought it looked like a H.Stellifer or H.guttatus which look similar but it's to small to really be sure. Thanks for the help though.

Don't forget hemi lifalili, the blood red jewel. Lemme try to find a website that was helpful for me. Also I'm gonna send you a pm, so check your inbox ;-)

Back
Top Bottom