Here it is/ hap ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess is a young Copadichromis of some sort , based off the body shape and spots. Does it have some blue on the body? Hard to tell from the picture? If so most likely an azureus

It's not showing any body color yet. I bought this little one from live fish direct they had it listed as Tramitichromis Intermedius. On another thread Hukit said on someone's else's looked like something else and I'm like it looks just like mine. I'm trying to compare and I don't see a difference so I was trying to get him to look at mine. I know live fish direct has some listed wrong.

This is what he called the one on the other thread Otopharynx_tetrastigma. I did some research and these two are so close they get mixed up a lot. Hukit I believe said the one has more of a slanted head and the other is a little more round. They both look slanted to me. Thanks for the reply mogurako I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Mogurako said:
My guess is a young Copadichromis of some sort , based off the body shape and spots. Does it have some blue on the body? Hard to tell from the picture? If so most likely an azureus

No body color the top fin is pinkish that's the only color so far. LfDirect said its a male. But once again I know how that goes lol

Edit here is a link, but I don't think the photo they show are of the ones they have. I have an afra cobue that looks nothing like the photo they have for the fish. I think I'm going to try daves rare fish if I ever order more. Seems everyone really likes them aswell
http://www.livefishdirect.com/store.php?fid=389

Last edited:
So many of darn things look alike when they are small! I would order from Dave's or the Wetspot in the future to avoid and mix ups.

Howdy!

Personally, I don't even try to ID juvie haps until they're older anymore. As Mogurako pointed out, so many look alike as juvies. IIRC, in the case of the two species yer discussin' the diagnostic features used for classification are nearly identical, which makes things like eye-size, head length, and ray counts irrelevant, and variation from individual to individual can further distort the diagnosis.

I've been followin' the other thread. Didn't say nothin' 'cuz I don't wanna step on anyone's toes, bein' the new kid on the block and all. The picture of the one colored fish in that thread is inconclusive, IMO. The color is distorted, the pic is at an odd angle, and the fish is still young. If I had to make an ID, I'd lean toward T. intermedius. That was my thought after seein' the pics in the first post, before anyone replied. I'd definitely qualify that with a big "probably", though.

WYite

Wyomingite said:
Howdy!

Personally, I don't even try to ID juvie haps until they're older anymore. As Mogurako pointed out, so many look alike as juvies. IIRC, in the case of the two species yer discussin' the diagnostic features used for classification are nearly identical, which makes things like eye-size, head length, and ray counts irrelevant, and variation from individual to individual can further distort the diagnosis.

I've been followin' the other thread. Didn't say nothin' 'cuz I don't wanna step on anyone's toes, bein' the new kid on the block and all. The picture of the one colored fish in that thread is inconclusive, IMO. The color is distorted, the pic is at an odd angle, and the fish is still young. If I had to make an ID, I'd lean toward T. intermedius. That was my thought after seein' the pics in the first post, before anyone replied. I'd definitely qualify that with a big "probably", though.

WYite

Thanks Wyite
I wasn't trying to argue with Hukit at all in the other thread. I try to respect everyone no matter how long they have been around. So your input also Mogurako is greatly appreciated. I normally don't try to say anything at less I know or think I know ID's. I've learned a lot from this forum and I hope you do aswell.

Mogurako said:
I just tried for a quick ID during lunch, I didn't see your other post.

You mean the other thread? I didn't start that one, I was being nosey Haha. I didn't realize that those two fish were that identical. So I started this one because I don't see a difference and so I can show off a pic ;) lol

I'm gonna take a stab at this one and say Intermedius Lethrinops ;) here's mine...

Attachments

• image-601216162.jpg
    image-601216162.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 66
I don't know anymore lol
Now to me that looks different. The body is fuller more round where mine is more strait in the top and bottom. Or am I just looking into it to much lol. I guess time will tell.

Yo pistol how big is yours?

Andrew McFadden said:
I don't know anymore lol
Now to me that looks different. The body is fuller more round where mine is more strait in the top and bottom. Or am I just looking into it to much lol. I guess time will tell.

Yo pistol how big is yours?

He's about 4 1/2 inches, has colored up a bit more since this pic. Pretty fish :)

AndrewsPistol said:
He's about 4 1/2 inches, has colored up a bit more since this pic. Pretty fish :)

Big size difference there maybe yours looks different to me because of that lol. Time will tell thanks

Back
Top Bottom