Here we go again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its a mom and pop store. They already told me they will work with me and restocking. We shall see what happens. I miss my peacocks though. The dominant one was just starting to color up in his face with that shiny blue.

That is so awful! I am glad to know the store is going to work with you though. Keep us updated on what happens. I am so very sorry about your fish. :(

Glad to hear the store is going to work with you on restocking, that is good news. Sorry to hear about the increased aggression however, as that could result in higher loses.

Mumma.of.two said:
Wow! I'm sorry! This is just aweful!!!
Are they showing any signs of disease?

Absolutely nothing being shown. I'm at a complete loss of ideas. I treated the tank with salt just to be safe but my levels were at what they should have been. With 30 fish stuck to my powerheads, ammonia had gone to .125 but was gone by that night.

As for restocking I'm gonna do some things different this time. Especially since its on their dime. Lol.

I spoke with the one employee who I always see and she did a water change today on all of their tanks. It was pure black. I told her they are lucky I don't report them for animal cruelty.

Add one at a time my advice add one or two a week don't go more then three it might be the amount u are adding

Absolutely nothing being shown. I'm at a complete loss of ideas. I treated the tank with salt just to be safe but my levels were at what they should have been. With 30 fish stuck to my powerheads, ammonia had gone to .125 but was gone by that night.

As for restocking I'm gonna do some things different this time. Especially since its on their dime. Lol.

I spoke with the one employee who I always see and she did a water change today on all of their tanks. It was pure black. I told her they are lucky I don't report them for animal cruelty.
Wow. That sounds awful.
I am really glad though that they are helping your re-stock. I lost like 5 fish a few months ago and I vastly upset. I can only imagine how crumby this must have been to lose so many at once!
I am definitely at a loss for what could have happened. I hope you can get some more stock soon though to help out the aggression issue.

Omg! That is insane! You must be just sick from this. I wouldn't even think of restocking from there until you know what it was that did this to your fish. How are the rest of them holding up? Any signs of the cories yet?

Nope. When I add fish I use a cup to add water to acclimate and then pour them into a net over the sink.

When I start to restock I told them I don't want any of the bags opened into their tanks.

The cories were found under my rocks along with a couple more floaters. Only one Cory survived.

Back
Top Bottom