Hey guys look at my beautiful fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it would be better to concentrate on items of an aquatic origin? I know rice grows in flooded fields, but it's a bit of a stretch.

I'm still new at this but I don't think cramming them in such a small tank is a very good idea. That'll shorten their lifespan quite a bit

Maybe you should consider re homing these lovelies to someone who can provide a bigger tank and getting something better suited for your tank...Just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they fight all day everyday

This is more than likely territorial issues with the fish being in a such a small tank.

Yeah I think like this us humans don't like eating the same thing over & over why should fish have to..

By that reasoning, us humans don't like to live in closets for our entire lives, why should fish have to?

Getting a bigger tank will help with the known aggression between the two and it will also help your water quality so you can look at the fish for more than two hours a day with the lights on.

Please keep sarcasm and questionable posts out of here.

I would die if I could only have my lights on for 2 hours a day. I must be doing something right though, because I keep them on for 12, off for 12, and my water is clear and beautiful. (y)

Those are very good looking fish. I'm sorry to hear they're being so aggressive towards each other but I must agree with the others, the tank is just too small. You won't be able to enjoy their true behavior until they are in proper surroundings.

You might want to check out Freecycle or CraigsList to see if you can pick up a better tank for them.

See to many posts like these on here, the title of your post was 'look at my beautiful fish', somehow it always gets back to something along the lines of what size tank? I'm surprised no-one has asked you if the tank is cycled yet, or for your parameters. Lol

Back on topic!
That's some very nice looking fish you got there. (y)

Not adding to an argument but if you can only leave your lights on for 2 hours then you have the wrong type of bulbs.

The cloudiness comes from allege starting to form. So if your tank isn't planted then look into a different bulb and keep it out of direct sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom