hikari cichlid gold vs tetra cichlid jumbo sticks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I generally prefer to feed my oscars and firemouths live foods blood worm & shrimp. But when I googled the pellets fact of oscars for a balanced and nutritional daily diet, I found this 2 great options. Hikari looks like great even tetras are not bad also. I'm a bit confused. Please help me choose the good one between this two,and I need to know the reviews of u guys? Or can I try both of them? Suggestions r welcome. Thanks

As a brand, Hikari beats Tetra. Many on this site prefer New Life Spectrum brand. I use New Life Spectrum Cichlid pellets myself.

There's a reason tetra is carried in supermarkets. It's cheap and full of crap.

Hikari is a much better quality, I have 7 different types of their food right now.

Thanx.hav googled again but get the result that tetra jumbo sticks make the water dull.so I'm going for hikari finally.here in kolkata I've never seen NLS product in LFS.though hikari is available.Hikari comes in 3 sizes mini pellet, medium and large. My oscars are 4.5" in size, which one is better for them? I'm thinking of medium sized pellet.What is the difference between hikari cichlid gold & hikari cichlid bio gold?any suggessions

Hikari gold is a sinking staple. Bio gold is for carnivorous cichlids. They also come in baby size pellets but are harder to come by. For your fish medium should be fine

@Malawi Freak, thanks a lot. I visit last Sunday & only had seen mini pellets.so I'm waiting for medium to come. Online its available. But I never purchase online before. Is it good to buy online? Is it cost huge to buy online than LFS?

Huge savings online as opposed to stores. The part they get you at is shipping. If you're ordering several other things it's worth it but by itself not so much.

Okz. Here in Kolkata 250gms pack of hikari cichlid bio gold cost around RS 750(INR) i.e $15 almost.though its a bit costly but the reviews compelled me to hav one to try.

Back
Top Bottom