Holding fry?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suntwisty4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok she holding fry i can see little clear/white pouches/balls inside mouth and she usnt eating again. Would possible be her twice try at it.

Believe daddy is one resting against squidwards house.

Two part question can i add fish during this time and other is when is best time to strip fry or let her do it naturally.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1399323630284.jpg
    1399323630284.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 1399323658014.jpg
    1399323658014.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 1399323680351.jpg
    1399323680351.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 89
Sorry bad grammer..lol
Hold she wont eat them again and this would be her second try at it.

Can i add more fish or should i wait aftet she releases?

I think you meant to post here, it doesn't matter. You would need to take the parents out if she spits anyways so the best thing to do in my experience is to have small tank ready with water like the big tank. When she looks ready strip the babies into the smaller tank. I can go into stripping if you need

I watch a video on it doesnt look to hard just need to be careful.....so i have around 25 days to get ready...noticed today shes carrying

I will wait...i have a 5 gallon tank set up need to check it to make sure all good

Better early than late, if she spits in the tank they will most likely be eaten or you'll have to take everything out to get to them

Ok so i moved her to tank and now no eggs...will she eat them just because i moved her? Think of getting a screen to seperate tank in future....might be better idea than removing her

She did good in new tank but was by herself

I moved mines every time she is holding. I wait a few weeks before
i do. I think their first batch some do that

Back
Top Bottom