Honduran Red Point

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Smell

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tell me if I'm being silly by all means but does this look like a regular male con or a Honduran Red Point. It's somewhat light in colour and I've seen flashes of blue and yellow in the dorsal and tail fun at times. It's definitely not a female con btw.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406980154.072162.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406980184.039716.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406980208.606319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've not actually seen a HRP properly but I believe that I can order some. Are they a lot smaller, different shape?

Different color. They're usually a nice blue color with the stripes still, ending with red tipped fins.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ok thanks. I might order some when I have more room.

Hoduran Red Points are gorgoeous. I've got the most amazing male and probably about 200 fry if you want some. They are a beautiful blue, espeically in the right light. Like a powder metallic blue almost. I got 5 from someone from a local club and now I have more than I know what to do with.

The females will get a red, soemtimes fairly bright red spot on their stomach which looks pretty cool

I noticed the blue as well, but nothing else really points that strongly to HRP. They lack the overall blue coloring (your description of the color was perfect, I could seem to think of the proper describing terms yesterday lol)

That was why I asked, it certainly looks pale for a con, but admittedly it doesn't look entirely like the pictures I've seen of HRP.
Nice fish though.

Back
Top Bottom