How does he do it?!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eko

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello every1,

so here is a friday update to all you aquatic-maniacs(like me!).

i have my 4 tanks up and running adn i have 4 tanks due to the fact that all the fish i have cant b together, BUT i just got home from meeting up with some friends and one of the guys that was there(a friend of a friend) has some how managed to get all these to live together with no problem at all about a year and looking good....here you go......

550g custom bowfront(3 fx5)
===============================================
12-15 minnows(feeder fish)
20+ guppies
3 plecos
about 16-20 jewels cichlids
12-16 demasoni cichlids
20-26 mixed malawi cichlids
and this is the one that got me....
1 green spotted puffer fish!!!

WAT??? i thought GSP fish are brackish water and that they can kill almost every fish lol.....how in the world did he pull this off? because he wont tell me lol.

thanks forum!!

Probably a very well planted tank with tons of rocks to break up the sight of each of the fish. I mean, 550g is a lot of water and a lot of space. It doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

Have you seen it or pictures? I'm sure that would help.

And the puffer, I've heard of tons of people who keep them freshwater for long term. I have no idea what the long term effect is, but it has to be possible. Think of all the newbies who never research and pick one up from a shop that gives no education.

i literally just saw it about 20-30 mins ago. i was amazed lol. and yea he has this whole caves system setup and he even has red pots cut in half to make little arch under the dead corral peices he has in there . this guy is a good aquascaper, lots of tall and short silk plants, great design,and i thought wow this guy bought all this sand?? nope! he bought pool filter sand for about 5$ per 50lbs bag. and i fell in love with the puffer.

What! How did that happen! Maybe it's from all that room, but still that's crazy!!!
Then again...I've seen arowanas with blood parrots, goldfish and convicts together in a 200 gallon tank at restaurants...those fish lasted for two years.

GSP live up to a few years in freshwater, but it won't let them live up to 10+ years like they could in marine water. 550g is seriously a lot of swimming space. I can't imagine managing that big of a tank! Props to your friend.

WOW Eko! A 550 gallon tank! Can you post a photo of it. Would love to see it! Amazing! What are the dimensions of it?
Thanks!

Green spotted puffers don't get real vicious till puberty kicks in at around two inches, about the time they need brackish water. The one I got from Wal-Mart took two weeks to realize snails were food...and two days to eliminate them all.

Hi every1,
Yes that is a lot of space he built it himself and o its not a ga aquarium extension (lol). Good one though cuz ironicly I'm at the ga aquarium right now lol. Ill put some pis up later lol. And back to the tank, he wouldn't let me take pics at all he said "it wasn't complete yet ad that he would make a youtube video when he was ready to show every1. Idk but I want to see what else he adds. And yea the pool sand filter worked perfect for me but make sure u rinse it out extremely, I put 25lbs or half of the bag in a 5g buket and I inserted the hose to the bottom so it wud overflow and make all the dust n small particles ome up and out about 10mins each 25lbs. I kno a lot of water but my fish r worth it. well also use a dust mask so u don't inhale any particles those are bad for ur lungs or use and old shirt n cover ur mouth and nose like I did lol ninja style. But seriously protect urself.

Back
Top Bottom