How long do i leave convict fry with the parents?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustinCase

Aquarium Advice Activist
How big do the fry have to get till I have to take them out of the same tank with the parents?

I have a breeding pair in a 75g now with 2 generations of fry in the tank with them. The older siblings will actually help with the younger.

Lol. My convicts wouldn't let the first gen fry near their second batch. They saw them as a threat. I don't know what you mean about helping because the first gen tried to eat their younger siblings.

Lol. My convicts wouldn't let the first gen fry near their second batch. They saw them as a threat. I don't know what you mean about helping because the first gen tried to eat their younger siblings.

Yeah thats what I noticed... I had my first batch in a fry box and when I put the second batch in the box, the first batch was having a feeding frenzy

When the second batch was free swimming the first batch would fend off the small pleco and the tetras that got too close to the clay pot. It's cool to watch. The first batch is 1-1.5" right now and the second are less than .5".

Back
Top Bottom