How long in a fry grow out tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys just set up a 20 gallon long fry grow out tank/ hospital tank for peacocks and peacock fry. I was curious as to what size the fry would need to be moved out I to my 40 gallon breeder set up. Will they still be okay on there at about the 2 inch mark?

I personally would use the largest tank I had available for a grow out tank. If your 40gal breeder is available (and not occupied with larger fish) you could relocate them to that tank at any time. If the 40gal is being used and currently houses larger fish you may want to wait until they're no longer edible size.

Will they be alright in the 20gal until they hit 2"? It depends on the quantity of fry/juvies.

Only about 5-10 fry in the 20 gallon but many more larger fish in the 40 breeder.
I guess I am wondering if three select fry would grow faster in a much less crowded and stressful 20 gal then the more hectic 40 gal where they would be the very bottom of the hierarchy as far as food and aggression.

Back
Top Bottom