How many ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perezm03

Aquarium Advice Regular
How many African cichlids can I have in a 85g long tank ? Right now I have 7 1.5"

I think you can definitely add a good bit more but I'm no expert. I just started my African cichlid tank last year. Plus if its 85g long tank than what's the length? 6ft? It's better to have longer tanks rather than taller for cichlids so that's a plus.

I think you can definitely add a good bit more but I'm no expert. I just started my African cichlid tank last year. Plus if its 85g long tank than what's the length? 6ft? It's better to have longer tanks rather than taller for cichlids so that's a plus.

I believe it's 4ft long And a number estimation. Cause I have them young and I wanted to be cool with each other instead of adding them as they get more aggressive and might be loosing cash lol

You need to research what types you like. What do you have now? 30 frontosa could never survive in that tank while 30 yellow labs could.

You need to research what types you like. What do you have now? 30 frontosa could never survive in that tank while 30 yellow labs could.

I just got the assorted pack from petsmart and I have
one peacock
2 bumblebees
1 electric yellow

And that's it

I believe it's 4ft long And a number estimation. Cause I have them young and I wanted to be cool with each other instead of adding them as they get more aggressive and might be loosing cash lol

Can you measure your tank so we can figure out how many gallons it is. Just like previous response, is it 4 or 7 you have now.

I haven't seen many 85 gallons out there and when I have they have only been 3' wide. Could it be a 75?

Can you measure your tank so we can figure out how many gallons it is. Just like previous response, is it 4 or 7 you have now.

I haven't seen many 85 gallons out there and when I have they have only been 3' wide. Could it be a 75?

I have 7 and those four that I mention plus the assorted ones from petsmart. Not 100% sure of the name.s but they are all about 1.5

Still confused, 7 total or 7 plus those 4 plus some assorted.

Assorted tank at petsmart can usually be yellow labs, red zebras, socolofi, Kenyi, and some others. If you have any other choices of stores than petsmart please go there. My experiences with petsmart or petco has always been a bunch of kids who think they know fish and 75% of the words out of their mouths are regurgitated Internet folklore. They hardly ever have fish id's correct.

Still confused, 7 total or 7 plus those 4 plus some assorted.

Assorted tank at petsmart can usually be yellow labs, red zebras, socolofi, Kenyi, and some others. If you have any other choices of stores than petsmart please go there. My experiences with petsmart or petco has always been a bunch of kids who think they know fish and 75% of the words out of their mouths are regurgitated Internet folklore. They hardly ever have fish id's correct.

7 in total. The 4 I mention is what I know what there called lol

It's always best to overstock Africans. In an 85 gallon you can go ape **** and start throwing fish in by the hands full. Especially with your filtration. Just stay up on water changes you should be fine.

It's always best to overstock Africans. In an 85 gallon you can go ape **** and start throwing fish in by the hands full. Especially with your filtration. Just stay up on water changes you should be fine.

Where do you live?

I wouldn't go that far. An 85 isn't that big. 4' tanks are still limited to what they can stock.

Back
Top Bottom