How many 3" peacocks in 20 long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I set up a 20 long to breed my peacocks in and avoid hybridization by having them all in one big tank. I have 1 male and 4 female all of same species in this tank and so far so good. The tank has an abundance o hiding places and is way over filtered. Do you guys think this set up will be okay go a few months and how many more do you think could be added. I also do a 50 % water change a week

I think it should be fine for a short period. I wouldnt put any more in there though just my opinion

Thanks for the reply. I am curious as to what expected problems I might run into. If there are plenty of low to the ground caves to hide in leaving lots of swimming room with great water quality via over filtration and water changes I feel like I might be able to get away with around 6 or so. I have the ability to put them in other tanks if problems do occur but I guess I am basically just wondering what these problems might be.

Back
Top Bottom